Team dynamics lead to wins

Chemistry is key to Warrior Swim victories in the 21-22 season.

Joseph Sagert, Sports Reporter and Photographer

With the swim season winding down and the girls hungry for another team victory, the Woodhaven girls swim team is motivated to train and swim strongly to the end of their 5-2 season. Having lost only to Trenton and Riverview, the girls are determined carry that momentum to the end.

They are coached by Sean Kelly and led by team Captains Natalia Perez and Eva Fillipi.

There have been many shining moments this season. Brooke Lloyd took 4th in the 200 yard IM against Huron and Flat Rock in a tri-meet. Bethany Podlewski, Annaliese Clinton, Filippi, and Zoe Barringer scored 8th in the 200 yard freestyle relay in the Downriver Swimming and Diving Invitational.

Lindsay Arnston’s favorite part of being on the team is “the environment and the teammates. The girls that show up the most during a meet are Natalia Perez, Eva Fillipi, Lilly Collins, and Jaya Meeks,” she says, much to the agreement of teammate Lloyd.

Looking forward, Arnston, Lloyd, Podlewski, and Isabelle Goulet expect all teammates to come back for next year. Arnston says she doesn’t know any incoming freshmen, but would hope to see a new diver next year. Lloyd would hope to see incoming freshman Molly Weaver join the team next year and to see more fly people. The girls will be taking on the Wyandotte Roosevelt Bears at home on October 20th and face off against Lincoln Park on the 26th before heading into the DL prelims and regionals in November.