WHS Marching Band marks end of season with exceptional performance at MSBOA Festival in Flat Rock

Lauren Salisbury, Staff Writer

The WHS Marching Band ended their season with an exceptional performance of their 2022 halftime show, “Earth Wind and Firebird” at the District 12 MSBOA Festival in Flat Rock. Their show music selection consists of Earth, Wind, and Fire’s “In the Stone,” “September,” “After The Love Has Gone,” and “Boogie Wonderland” and themes from Igor Stravinsky’s “Firebird Ballet.” 

The drum majors, percussionists, color guard, and all other members, with guidance from their section leaders, solidified a well-established performance through hard work, dedication, focus, and determination. 

They were judged based on their marching, playing, and overall performance with the scoring based on a scale of 1-5 (one being the highest possible score). WHS did a tremendous job receiving straight 1’s across the board, and senior soloists Matt Sanchez, Carter Peterson, Devin Matthies, Paige Adamisin, and Rachel Weimer, as well as sophomore Morgan Kelly, strengthened the tone of the band’s stellar talents.

Other features include color guard members Meira Everidge, Brya Hunt, Kendall Robinson, and Mackenzi Tatum. The competition was a strong finish to an outstanding competitive season.