SNOBALL FUN!

Trinity DiLorenzo, Staff Writer

Snoball week was filled with our spirit week, Snoball pep assembly, and the 2023 Snoball dance! Students were ecstatic to participate in spirit week and at the pep assembly. 

The spirit week started on Monday, February 6th with tire out Trenton (Pajama Day), followed by Tie-dye Tuesday. Wednesday was a new idea brought out with Adam Sandler day where students and staff were encouraged to wear baggy clothes stealing Adam Sandler’s iconic style. Thursday our students and staff showed their appreciation for the seasons, Seniors wore tropical representing summer, Juniors wore winter gear to represent winter, Sophomores wore their best pastels to represent spring, Freshman wore flannels to represent cozy fall, and Staff wore hoodies to represent all-seasons. On the students’ favorite spirit day, Purple and White Friday, students went all out showing their best outfits for the school’s spirit. During spirit week the classes had a competition for who would have the best spirit. The class of 2025 blew it out of the water and took the win over the rest of the school. 

Friday led to a whole bunch of fun activities during the Snoball pep assembly. The Warrior Band and Choir had perfect performances while students were piling in the gymnasium. The students got the best surprise with a performance from the dance team when they were joined by PHMS and Woodhaven staff. Following the dance performance the cheerleaders kept the energy going by showing their spirit with their performance. During the pep assembly, the Valedictorian was announced for the class of 23’ which was Teagan Fynan, followed by the announcement of Dominic Leonardi as Salutatorian. This also led to the top 10 students being announced and Senior scholars. Shortly after, the Snoball court members were recognized and our senior male court took the center of the gym. Snoball Alum Nick Diaz returned to crown this year’s Snoball king which was Allen Billups. After the crowning, the students and staff battled it out in tug-of-war where the staff walked away victorious. The Sophomores took the win with the scream machine. Our spirit King had turned out to be Senior, Shareef Vaid, and the long-reigned Queen, Julia Noal passed on her crown to sophomore Kaylie Ferris.

Toward the end of the pep assembly, Warrior students showed their best moves during a dance battle. Dancers Jonathan Padgett and Benny Vitale were joined by new contestants Gary Pilgrim, Landon Stover, and Duane Barker. They all danced their hearts out but it wasn’t enough as Junior Rozelle Yost took the win for her awesome dance moves.