8 Questions with Briceida Jasso

Ashley Godlewski, Staff Writer

The Snoball Queen, Briceida Jasso, shares her experiences and advice for future queens and senior year.

In February, you were in the running for Snoball queen and won! How did you feel about that moment?

“I was pretty shocked, honestly I didn’t think I was going to win. But it was memorable because everyone on court was my best friend that ran right behind me to give me a hug. It was the support I got from them that I appreciate. That memory I am always going to cherish, it was just fun overall.” 

What inspired you to run for Snoball Queen?

“It was a childhood dream, seeing it on tv, seeing that moment– you would want that in your own memories. Well, I wanted it in my own memories. That was the reason to run– just to give my younger self that little dream she wanted.” 

As a WHS senior, what was your favorite memorable part about being at this school?

“It was memorable for me by doing lots of activities. I did marching band and swim, and I think those swim meets and marching band was a huge impact on my memories here.” 

Now that you are a senior, if you were able to give your Freshman self advice for growing up, what would it be?

“I think I would just tell her to take it one step at a time and to really just enjoy the moment because you don’t know what you have until it’s gone.”

What activities and clubs would you recommend for upcoming WHS students? 

I highly recommend the Woodhaven marching band or the swim team because they are such a supporting group and really helped me throughout the years and gave me the motivation and support, and for clubs I would recommend SADD because it is a nice club and everyone is supportive and bunch of actives like haunted hallways which is a bunch of fun and its where everyone gets to know each other.” 

As a senior, you have underclassmen looking up to you. What advice would you give to them as they move up to Junior or Senior year? “I would tell them the same thing I would tell my younger self– to just really enjoy the moment because it goes by too fast and yeah it’s going to be hard and classes are going to be hard but it is worth it in the long run.” 

Your end at WHS is slowly approaching, so what do you plan on doing after high school? What is your plan for the future?

“I don’t know what college I am going to yet because I’m waiting on decisions but I plan on going into engineering– mechanical or architecture engineering.” 

You are going into mechanical engineering. What would you like to design, and where are you going to school?

I am hoping that I will be able to design cars in the future and either work for a car company which I am leaning towards and I am going to Wayne State University, studying mechanical engineering and hopefully a minor in business hopefully.”