The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

WHS celebrates academic achievements in award ceremony

Woodhaven High School hosted its annual Academic Awards Ceremony to celebrate academic excellence of students with a 3.5+ GPA on September 20. 

Sophomores were given a certificate for their accomplishment, juniors were given their academic varsity letters, and seniors were given a pin.

WHS’ youngest class, sophomores, had 159 students awarded academically. Many of these Sophomores were beyond excited to get their very first award. Sophomore Sophia Palazzolo stated, “I felt accomplished and very proud of myself and I worked hard and dedicated my personal time to my academics to earn this.” 

The Junior class had 140 students invited to the ceremony, and the senior class had 114 students qualify to be awarded in the ceremony.

Many of the seniors have received an academic award for the 3rd time in their high school career.

Senior, Adrian Sadiku stated that he was able to achieve these awards because he applied himself to school and put in the work, and he could not have been more excited that his hard work has paid off since freshman year. 

Senior SueAnna Satterfield stated that she made sure to come to school and get all of her work done to achieve this academic recognition.

Many other seniors shared their reactions to receiving these awards, Maggie O’such stated, “I was super shocked and excited that I got this because I worked for it so long.” 

This was an amazing experience for students, staff, and parents to see all the students reach their goals and continue to strive to meet many more.

WHS principal Jay Vesperman was proud that WHS’ SAT average went up last year to 1002 while acknowledging that the students beat the state average of 954.