The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

10 Questions with…Mr. Vesperman

Mr. Vesperman enjoys the dunes with his family.

Jay Vesperman moved into the principal’s office after serving 15 years as assistant principal. While Vesperman is a familiar presence at WHS, some may not know him very well, so here are 10 questions to get to know him better. 

What are you most excited about for the 23-24 school year as the new principal?

Offering students an awesome place to be; between all the electives that we offer that not every school has. It extends beyond that into the extracurricular activities like band, choir, robotics, and sports that we offer for students to get involved in. It’s just a great place to be.

What inspired you to get into an education career?

When I was in high school I had aspirations of becoming a teacher, but when I went to college I fell in love with the sciences and I was gonna go into something into a science or engineering type of field. After college I was drawn back to education.

If you had to pick a new career what would it be and why? 

I would work in the engineering field. I love problem solving and coming up with different solutions with a large team of people. I like working with people.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not at work?

I enjoy physical activity. I still wrestle, workout, fish, hunt, and water sports.

What is something people would never guess about you? 

I love to tinker. I drive a little buggy to school that some students may have seen.

What is your favorite thing to cook? What’s the recipe?

I like to grill. I like to throw a steak on the grill with a side of sauteed onions, potatoes, and corn.

Is there a place you really want to take your family to?

Every year I take my family to Silverlake State Park. We also like hiking, especially if it’s a waterfall destination.

If you won the lottery what would you do?

A good chunk of it would get donated to a good cause, but I’m not sure what I would do with the rest.

What is your favorite movie or tv show that you would recommend?

I watch a lot of sports when it comes to TV.

What is your favorite thing to watch at the Olympics?

I watch a little bit of pole vault. We seem to watch swimming every year. My favorite thing to watch is wrestling but it is not always on.