The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Awesome holiday activities in Michigan

With Winter break approaching, students will have the opportunity to take a break from their studies and explore new sites and activities. You can engage in a variety of fun activities like ice skating, arcade games, and winter street festivities. Below are some enjoyable activities that you can do to get your mind off the stress and enjoy with your friends and family. 

Ice skating is a perfect way to relieve stress and enjoy physical activity.

Ice Skating at Campus Martius in Downtown Detroit (Dig Downtown Detroit)

Ice skating rinks are abundant in Michigan, with one of the most popular being the Campus Martius rink located in the heart of downtown Detroit. It offers open skating sessions. The rink attracts people with its gorgeous Christmas tree and twinkling lights. Student, Angelea Adrews, recommended going over there saying, “I went there once last year and now I am going there every year with my sisters and boyfriend.”

It costs $12 for adults and $9 for minors, active military and seniors can also get discounts. You can buy tickets for the rink at downtowndetroit.org, click the link and you will be there. The rink is open every day. However, make sure you check the hours of operation for your visit. 

Another ice skating rink is located at Dearborn ice skating center. It also offers ice skating sessions for beginners. As compared to Campus Martious it is a bit cheaper and costs only $8 per adult. However, it does have time and sessions, so it is recommended to check before you go. They also offer rental skates, you can purchase or check the timing at dearborniceskatingcenter.com. 

Arcade games and bumper cars are always a fun activity for high schoolers and a great way to take your mind off stress. 

Enjoy the holiday season with Monroe Street midway fun, located just across the ice skating rink at Campus Martius. There are plenty of fun activities you can do to enjoy your holidays. Senior Analiese Clinton likes going there and says, “It was super fun and for sure a great spend of my time.”

Entry and most activities are free including the Arctic slide that is 20-foot high and 80-foot long slide, completely free of charge but you must be at least 44 inches tall. They have bumper cars that cost only $5 per session, arcade games both indoor and outdoor, pop a shot, dodgeball, and many more with friendly competition and it costs only from .50 cents to $3 per session. They have a cost-free outdoor puck-putt.

In addition to games and plays, they also have recently added new art experience activities that will make your trip memorable. You don’t need to buy tickets as entry, and many other activities are free. Just check the hours of operating before your visit at deckedout Detroit.com/midway

Take the holly trolly rides and indulge in the winter wonderland experience

Hop on the Holly Trolly in Downtown Detroit. (Click on Detroit)

To enhance your holiday experience, take a ride on the Holly trolley bus. It offers a delightful tour of downtown Detroit and stops at five fantastic locations every 15 minutes. The best part is that it’s completely free of charge. The bus takes you to the most exciting locations, including the beautifully decorated Book Tower, Monroe Street midway, winter markets, Cadillac Lodge, Columbia Street, and many other attractions. You can check out the timings and the route of the ride at deckedoutdetriot.com. The trolley service runs only from Thursdays to Sundays until January 7, 2024. 

Enjoy the Holiday to the fullest with the Fire and Ice Festival at the Detroit Riverfront

Experience the wonders of the winter season and holiday season with the Fire and Ice Festival held at Valade Park along the east riverfront in downtown Detroit. It runs from January 5th through 7th, offering tons of fun activities and competitions. You can participate in a variety of activities including archery, ax throwing, taking pictures with ice sculptures, etc. And of all this fun, they also have Frozen Elsa and Renaissance fair performers allowing you to take pictures with them. 

The Festival Highlight includes the Fire and ice tower, a 7-foot ice structure that will be set on a bonfire, giving you an unforgettable experience. When surveyed about whether students like to go to festivals over the winter holiday, 81% of students said yes to it. For more information, visit Detroit riverfront.org. Also, this free event, so don’t miss out on the chance to have fun.