The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

10 Questions with… alumni Hope Ehouse

10 Questions with… alumni Hope Ehouse
Andrea Watts

Hope Ehouse graduated last year with the class of 2023 and just completed her freshman year at Michigan State University. While at Woodhaven, she maintained over a 4.0, was a part of the National Honors Society, was a senior scholar, and participated in the dental DCTC program.  

What made you choose Michigan State University to continue your education?

I chose Michigan State to continue my education for a variety of reasons. One, I love the school spirit that is abundant on campus. I also had high interest in their highly competitive nursing school. 

After graduating, how has adjusting to college work been for you?

After graduating college work was a huge adjustment for me. In high school, even for AP classes, I could wake up early and study for a test the same day and still ace it. In college with the far more rigorous coursework, that definitely does not work if you are aiming for an A. It was also hard for me to adjust to seeing B’s. 

What advice would you give Woodhaven students about college life?

Advice I would give to Woodhaven high school students about college is to go to class and do not fall behind, because it is hard to catch up! 

What is your major and why did you choose it?

The major I picked was nursing as I am an aspiring CRNA (nurse anesthetist). I currently work as a rehab service tech in a spinal cord rehabilitation center and I absolutely love working with patients, interacting with them, and brightening their day. Through this job, I found that I have a deep passion for nursing and I am very excited to continue my education to reach that goal.

What are you most proud of after graduating? 

I am most proud of the fact that I was able to maintain a job, be a part of clubs, and still achieve a 4.0 this semester and get an invitation to the honors college!

Can you tell me how you maintain high grades all the time? 

I maintain my grades by STUDYING! And I do not take this lightly. I know there is some people that can not study at all and still do decent, but that is not me. I have to study for hours on end for a test I want an A. Also, do not miss out on easy points! For ex. Homework, participation in class. Try to get 100%s in those categories so I can have some leeway on exams.

What are some things that motivate you to succeed?

What motivates me to succeed is making my family proud and also making myself proud. Since a little girl I always wanted to make a difference, so sacrificing right now for success later on, is something I have no issue doing.

What advice would you give to students that are interested in nursing?

The advice I would give to students wanting to go into nursing is to stay focused. Oftentimes nursing school is very competitive, so make yourself stand out by staying on top of grades, joining clubs, and gaining experience whether that is through a job or volunteering.

What is your favorite memory at WHS?

My favorite memory at WHS was my senior year snowball. My friends and I went out to eat before the dance and we all got ready together. Once we got to the dance we had a really good time dancing. Then once we left we all hung out at my house after the dance. 

If you had to major in something else what would you pick and why?

If I had to do a major in something else I would do corporate law. Litigation is something that still interests me!