The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

10 Questions with… Junior Cam Deon

Gabriella Randazzo

Junior Cameron Deon has shown great success in and out of school while playing two varsity sports, 3 years of varsity soccer, and his first year of varsity golf. Cameron also maintains good grades due to his balance while in school. He has contributed immensely to his teams’ successes through his achievements and work ethic. He spends most of his time practicing to prepare for his upcoming senior season. He plans to pursue a career in plumbing with his family with big goals that he will work towards such as traveling out of state to work after his dad passes it down to him. 

What sports do you play in high school, and when and why did you start?

I Play soccer and golf in high school. I started playing soccer ever since a young age and have fallen in love with the sport ever since. I’ve always loved soccer and will always love soccer and ever since freshman year of high school, I have been playing high school soccer for varsity. I started playing golf in the summer with my friends just messing around but then quickly I realized I love playing golf, so my junior year I decided to try out and I made the team. This was a goal of mine because it is something that I enjoy doing that I am able to do at a Varsity level. I will continue to play these two sports going into my senior year and will keep working to improve myself.

What motivates you in and out of school?

The things that motivate me in and out of school are mainly the work ethic of my dad and my brothers. Both my brothers and my dad helped inspire me to become the best version of myself. I look up to them very much and I hope I can be like them one day. I always watch what they do so I can start to work toward my goal of being like them. They always motivate me which helps me to reach my goals. Having role models is the best type of motivation in life

How do you balance sports and school effectively? Why is balance important to you?

I balance both sports and school by micromanaging them equally. Some Days I’ll do most of my homework that I need to do, and other days I have to go to soccer and golf every day, like having a golf match and then going straight to soccer practice. I usually do most of my school work over the weekend, usually at night when I don’t have soccer games. Balance is important to me because it is often easy to fall into an unhealthy routine by stressing yourself out over the workload on top of sports, so I try to avoid getting into that routine. 

What is some advice you would give to incoming students?

Some advice I would give to the incoming sophomores and freshmen is that enjoy your high school time while it lasts, the time in high school goes by quicker than you expect it to. Make time for your friends and balance school work. I would also recommend doing some sort of high school sport because you’re only in high school once and it is a great time with friends.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I see myself running my dad’s company that he is going to pass down to me and my two brothers. Me and my two brothers plan on making big moves with his company and potentially even traveling out of state to do work. These are some goals that I look forward to reaching in my life. 

What do you plan to do after high school? Why did you choose this path?

I plan to work for my dad after high school. I chose this path because I realized it was what I wanted to do after high school. Doing plumbing and changing people’s water lines is what I love and I can only see myself doing this after high school.

What has been your favorite high school memory so far?

My favorite high school memory so far is playing in the district final my freshman year with my brother who was a senior. Even though we lost, I was still ecstatic to play with my brother.

What have you done over the years that have shaped you into the athlete that you are now? 

I have always worked the hardest on and off the field. I always used to train every day. I worked on soccer by myself either in my backyard or at the high school soccer field with some of my friends. For golf, I would go to the driving range almost every day and work on my game, and improve as much as I could.

Do you prefer a certain sport? If so, why?

I definitely do prefer a sport and that sport is soccer. I prefer this sport because it has been through 3 generations of my family and I also started playing ever since I was 3 years old and I have loved the game ever since then. Soccer is most definitely the more preferred sport to me.

What are you looking forward to going into your senior year next year? What is your image of how it should look?

I am looking forward to senior year because it’s the last year of high school and I do not have to do any more school. I’m excited for senior year to be over so I can start working with my dad and move on with my life. I can imagine senior year is going to be easy for me since I only have 4 classes then I get to leave school and go work because of early base learning.