End Of The Road For Woodhaven Football

Ricky Horner, Sports Journalist

On Friday, November 6th, the Woodhaven Warriors’ Varsity Football team obliterated Dearborn High School, 41-3. The Warriors’ running back, Romantic Keyser, led the offense with three touchdowns. Ashton Mohlman, the Junior quarterback, scored a touchdown of his own, accompanied by many big receptions.

“Going into my last game against Cass Tech, I was a bit nervous but I was ready. I looked around and saw a lot of scouts, and knew that my team and I had to seal the deal”, said Romantic Keyser. In the beginning, the warrior’s defense was successful in preventing Cass Tech from scoring, keeping the score 0-0. Although, by the second quarter, Cass Tech scored twice. With three minutes remaining, the warrior’s DB, Brandon Gates, intercepted the ball. This interception created an opportunity for a comeback with two minutes remaining in the first half, trailing 14-0. In the third quarter, Woodhaven was down 21-0 with 2:48 minutes remaining. “On a fourth and 14 play, Ashton Mohlman finds JoJo Brothers for a 20-yard touchdown pass and the duo hooks up for a 2-yard two-point conversion pass to make it 21-8, with 10 minutes to go in the game” (Woodhaven High Twitter). With three minutes remaining in the game, Cass Tech is up 35-8. Despite all efforts and their enthusiasm, the game did not end in Woodhaven’s favor. The Warriors ended their season with a 7-2 record, another great season for the coaches and players.