The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

The Purple Pulse

Polls

Is Your Vehicle Reliable?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Warriors show off homecoming pride at pep rally

This year’s homecoming pep rally had students screaming louder than ever. The marching band played their best tunes as students entered the gym to find their sections. Following, Bella Voce sang the national anthem to start the event.

Students had so much spirit in the Scream Machine. It was a very tight score between each grade. The freshman scored 122, the sophomores scored 125, the juniors scored 126, and the seniors won with a score of 128. 

Student Council officers Klaire Wilson, Meya Grossenheider-Albano, and Samarah Saggers made announcements and recognized each club and organization for their achievements. 

Ben Kolodziejczyk, Tyler Dodd, and Xavier Barnes hyped up the varsity football team members as the students clapped. Kolodziejczyk states, “I was starting to get excited for the upcoming game and it felt good to have the entire school there behind us and supporting us.”

With much anticipation, Jacob Wright crowned Xavier Vazquez homecoming king and the students cheered. In his experience, Vazquez thought, “As I stood there I kept telling myself, ‘Maybe I will win—no, someone else will win.’ My thoughts were switching from I’ll win to I won’t. When I was crowned, my mind went blank, the realization of ‘I won’ didn’t hit me. As it hit me, I told myself, ‘I won, I actually won.’ I knew I had a chance at winning but never would’ve thought I would win.”

The varsity cheer team blew people away with their stunts and formation. Following them was the dance team who knocked out a stellar homecoming performance. 

This year’s Spirit King went to Yusuf Khan. The competition for Spirit Queen was so close between Harper Barnhart and Kaylie Ferris that a Scream Machine Redo was required, but Barnhart was a clear winner after the second attempt. It was a very close fight for the most spirited teacher between Mrs. G. and Mr. Taylor, and in an Most Spirited Teacher upset, Mr. Taylor, dressed in a purple and white tutu with WW shaved into his hair and full purple and white face paint, took home the crown. 

After an eventful afternoon, the final game was a tug of war. The freshmen put up a good fight, but the sophomores walked away with the win. Next, the sophs faced the juniors, who easily dragged the sophs over the line. In the final round, after some stiff competition, the seniors defeated the juniors and celebrated the win. 

The Homecoming Pep Rally ended with the Seniors coming onto the floor to jam to their senior song, “I’ll Always Remember You,” by Miley Cyrus as they brought their final WHS homecoming assembly to a close.